Installing a direct-mount muffler is one of the best ways to keep your car running the way that it should. A lot of people have found that when their mufflers begin to make too much noise, it is time to change the piece on their cars. The best thing for you to do is to figure out whether it is going to be cheaper for you to buy the part yourself or just have your local mechanic do the work for you. If you can buy the piece cheaper, you can easily go online to get Read more…
Motor oil is essential for a vehicle to work properly, and changing the oil on a regular basis will keep the vehicle in good working shape. However, the used oil will need to be disposed of properly since it is considered to be a hazardous waste product.
Some oils are recycled at special facilities, but there are some other things you can do with used oil. For instance, the used oil can be added to staining colorants, oil-based paint or wood stain to use for painting on wood, stone or concrete.The Read more…
Learning how to jump start a car is an extremely useful skill that can be of tremendous help on the open road. If you’re ever in a situation where your vehicle has a dead battery or come across another motorist with a dead battery, you’ll be able to perform a jump start with relative ease.
Replacing a vehicle’s battery isn’t something that you will do often, considering that the average lifespan of a car battery is five to seven years. Nevertheless, knowing how to replace one can come in handy in a variety of situations.
- Find out where your battery is located. The battery is usually located under the hood on the driver or passenger side of the vehicle, although other carmakers may locate the battery within the trunk, fender well or underneath the rear seat.
- Use a wrench to loosen and disconnect the negative (-) cable clamp Read more…
When motorists see their “check engine” light come on while driving down the highway, many of them begin to freak out. Even if you aren’t a professional mechanic, it’s important to know what the “check engine” light really means and if you should head to the nearest auto shop as quickly as possible or if you’re car is safe to drive home.
The Hard Fault
A “hard fault” is when your check engine light stays on for an extended period of time. This usually means that some type of failure has occurred. These types of Read more…
Suffering from a flat or blowout can be more than just an inconvenience. Failing to address the safety concerns involved with a road-side tire change could be a very dangerous proposition. Ensuring that you have the tools, resources and knowledge needed to safely and quickly replace a flat tire will minimize the inconvenience you may be faced with and ensure that you are able to get back on the road without issue. Making safety a top concern for any road-side repair and ensuring that you do Read more…
Imagine youâ€™re just driving down the road when suddenly your rear view mirror simply falls off the windshield. Temperature changes and old adhesive make this problem more common than youâ€™d imagine. Fortunately, reattaching your rear view mirror is a relatively simple job that anyone can do. All you need is a rear view mirror kit that contains the necessary cleaning tools and adhesive you’ll need to reattach the mirror.
- Remove the button from the rear view mirror by removing the retaining screw or prying the button away from the base.Check out this link here.
- Use a crayon, grease pen or a piece of painters tape on outside of the windshield to mark where the mirror should be reattached.
- Use a razor blade or a scraper to remove old adhesive from the windshield and the button. Don
- Apply the adhesive onto the center of the button. On some kits, you may have to apply an activator on the button and the windshield before applying the adhesive.
- Place the button on the windshield and hold it in place for approximately 60 seconds. Wait at least 15 min. before attaching the mirror onto the button.
If your mirror requires extensive repair, The Hartford Car Insurance Deals can provide you with an affordable fix.